Monday, June 23, 2008

Rhythm of my Life

The rhythm I function on is chaotic, 60% purposeless sand functions mostly out of bursts of opportunity that feed my loneliness, hunger, despair, selfishness and anxiousness. What if all I “did” remained the same but became a rhythm through you? As if I was aware that washing dishes, drinking a beer on the porch and riding my bike to class were all connected to a rhythm that glorified you through how it affected your living creation? Perhaps then the rhythms would not be striving or escaping but SHAPING who you desire me to BE now, not just who I am becoming.

2 comments:

Sarah Rochelle said...

i like that, it is true... thanks for the reminder

Sarah Rochelle said...

okay i want to edit what i just wrote but I don't know how... so the thing i love is the understanding that the rhythms of our lives shape us into the people God desires us to be, even the little moments have the power to form us when we are aware of them, and i love your vulnerability and honesty